Mango fruit (Mangifera indica) is known as the king of fruits. Mangoes are one of the most popular fruit in the world. It has sweet, heavenly and unique flavor, fragrance, taste and health promoting qualities.
Mango is a fruit that nearly everyone loves to eat. We wait for summers just to have mango. But in all those excitement we all forget that mango is full of health benefits.The various health benefits of mango are given below. So keep on reading about so much awesomeness of our very own favorite fruit-Mango.1. Prevent Cancer: Mango contains carotenoids, ascorbic acid, terpenoids, and polyphenols. Which are responsible for the fruit’s cancer-preventing properties.
Polyphenols in mango suppress breast cancer and have antioxidant properties that help decrease oxidative stress which can lead to chronic diseases like cancer.2. Controls Blood Sugar: Mango has antidiabetic properties.
The presence of fiber and mangiferin in mango acts as insulin resistant and affects the development of diabetes. So treat yourself to some sweet mango instead of being left without any sweets that you want to eat so much.3. Prevent Heart Disease: Mangoes could help reduce body fat and control blood sugar.
Mangoes are a rich source of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that helps fight free radicals that cause heart disease. So now you can eat mango to your heart’s content.4. Low Cholesterol: Mangoes contain pectin that decreases the serum cholesterol levels. Mangoes contains mangiferin that lowers the cholesterol level. It also increase the levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein), the good cholesterol.
5. Improves Fertility: Mango is rich in vitamin E, which is known to boost sex drive. The combination of vitamin E and beta-carotene improves sperm health in men and it is the best defense against sperm damage. Vitamin E protect the sperm membrane from oxidate damage. Mango is rich in Zinc and Zinc is another important mineral for male and female fertility.6. Mango During Pregnancy: Mangoes are rich in iron and vitamins A, C, and B6 which are beneficial for pregnant women. Vitamin A helps fight infections and prevents vision problems in newborns.
7. Protects Against HIV: The cancer-preventing properties of mangoes also help your immune system to fight against HIV infection. It makes the systems in our body work more efficiently.
8. Better Digestion: Mangoes contain digestive enzymes that break down proteins and help in digestion. It is good for digestion because of the presence of fiber that prevents constipation. It maintain the health of the digestive tract which enhances digestion.
9. Weight Loss: Ate you serious? Mango and weight loss? I know these are the questions you have in your mind right now. But you have heard it correctly.
The skin of mango contains phytochemicals that act as natural fat busters. Mangoes contain fiber which contribute towards weight loss. The ability of fiber to keep us full for long promotes weight loss.10. Improve Eye Health: Eyes are the most delicate and sensitive part of our body.
And mangoes are awesome for eye health. Mango contains Vitamin A and beta-carotene which helps improving eye health and vision. Zeaxanthin in mangoes helps prevent muscular degeneration.
11. Improve Skin Health: Mangoes contains carotenoids which are antioxidant compounds that give the fruit its vibrant color. Carotenoids are beneficial for skin health.
It helps in keeping the skin hydrated, plump and gives it a healthy glow.12. Boosting Immune System: Mango contain Vitamin C which is an amazing immune booster. There are many carotenoids that make our immune system even stronger. Stronger immune system can keep away all the diseases and infections far away from you and will keep you healthy.13. Improves Brain Health: Mango maintains neuronal integrity and preserve cognitive function.
This means reduced risk of age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s. It also helps maintaining brain health after any trauma, concussions or strokes.14. Prevent Asthma: Mangoes are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C might have beneficial effects in certain asthma cases. So always have mangoes stocked in your kitchen, so that you don’t have to worry much.15. Reduces Blood Pressure: Mangoes are rich in magnesium and potassium that are very beneficial to lower blood pressure.
It can help prevent hypertension and it also helps muscle and arteries to relax.16. Prevent Anemia: Anemia is a condition where there aren’t enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to tissues, resulting in fatigue in milder cases and severe organ damage if left untreated. Mangoes are also high in iron and we can prevent anemia by adding mangoes in our diet.17. Strong Bones: Mango contains Vitamin K which is essential for strong and healthy bones. Vitamin K are obtained from green leafy vegetables.
But many people find it hard to adopt to eating green vegetables for their diet but we can definitely add mango to our diet and enjoy the sweetness and stronger bones.18. Help Treat Kidney Stones: Mangoes are rich in Vitamin B6, this might reduce urinary oxalate. The potassium in mangoes also lower the risk of kidney stones.19.
Help Treat Diarrhea: Mango leaves are rich in tannins. It can be dried and consumed for treating diarrhea.20. Improve Hair Health: Mango is rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C promotes collagen production for healthy hair. Mango has the presence of beta-carotene in it which provide nourishment to the hair and help treat dandruff.
So, if you want shiny and healthy hair then start eating mango without any more delay people.21. Fighting Heat: In summers, the heat makes us dehydrated and exhausted. This can affect the kidney, making it full of toxins. Drinking raw mango with water can make your body cooled down and hydrated and help fight the heat.
22. Helps Prevent Strokes: Mango helps in reducing blood pressure and it is high in Vitamin C, which strengthens the arteries and reduce the risk of this life-threatening disease. Eating mangoes regularly can prevent strokes.23. Promotes Workout Recovery: Mango’s micronutrients and electrolytes helps muscles to heal after a hard workout and replenishing your body’s essential nutrients .
Not only that but the natural sugars found in this fruit are also perfect to help reduce post-workout fatigue. This fruit will replenish your glycogen that gets burned off during intense exercise. It help you to exercise harder for a longer period of time, thus improving your overall endurance and strength.24. Pain-free Joints: Mango contains Vitamin C.
Vitamin C is a necessary part to create collagen in our bodies. Eating more mangoes can help us make more collagen. It is important in keeping the joints flexible, strong, healthy and pain-free as you age.
25. Healthy Snack: Last but not the least. Everyone loves to eat snacks. We crave snacks like chips, cookies and chocolates which are unhealthy for us.
Mango is very much healthy and it has lots of health benefits. It helps us in ditching unhealthy junk foods and maintaining a healthy diet as well as keep you hydrated.You can eat it directly, or make it into your favorite smoothies.
Make mango pudding or enjoy it as salad. Mango ice pops are very excellent idea for kids. So enjoy it as you want to and keep yourself healthy.